iOSBNIZ is a port of IBNIZ by viznut to iPhone and iPad. This allows me to program little audiovisual hacks on my iPhone with minimal typing. IBNIZ features a VM with opcodes that are one character long, ideal for not hitting too many buttons. It also has a FORTH like stack which is a fun puzzle to play with. The VM calls the program for each pixel and pushes time, x, and y onto the stack. Your program uses these values to generate the visuals (and audio). You can also write a full program and ignore this loop as well.
iOSBNIZ is available on the Apple App Store. Download and have fun!
Source code is avaiable on Github
- IOSBNIZ features a keyboard which is tailored for the OPCODE structure of IBNIZ. Characters are grouped together by function.
- Holding a button down on the keyboard will display some HELP to remind you what the opcode is.
- It keeps your last program for fast restarting of hacks.
- You swipe right to display your program without code and swipe left to bring the editor back.
- Swiping left will display help.
- Swiping left again will allow you to save and load programs.
- Shake the phone to switch between swipe mode and “U” opcode mode. In U opcode mode your touch location is sent to the U opcode.